Go cross Racer Registration
USA Cycling online registration is now open through BikeReg. Register now for the Roanoke Cross Race in Virginia's Blue Ridge. Great prizes, awesome after-party, huge prize purse and equal payouts...what more could a cyclist ask for!?!
If you've never raced cyclocross before...that's okay. This event is a perfect first time experience, but also has a $10,000 prize purse for Elite riders. Here is a little run down on the categories and what they mean.
- Category 4/5 is considered beginner with Category 5 being an ultimate beginner and Category 4 having some experience.
- Category 3/4 is considered intermediate and can also compete in the various age group categories.
- Category 1/2/3 are the fastest amateurs, and is labeled so below.
- UCI Elite are the professionals competing for money and international rankings.
- If you would like to race or spectate but still have questions, shoot us an email.
Women race free!
Thanks to East Coasters Bike Shop all pre-registered female racers in any category on Saturday ride free! You just have to get your USA Cycling license (see below). What does pre-registered mean? Just register online by Thursday, August 30th at 8pm and you're pre-registered. Onsite women will have to pay normal price.
USA CYCLING LICENSE
- All racers must have an annual or one-day USA Cycling license to participate in this sanctioned event. If you have registered with USA Cycling for road or mountain bike events within the year, then your license will cover all cyclocross events as well. To learn more about USA Cycling annual licenses click here.
- If you are a beginner (Cat 5)- You may purchase a one-day license onsite, race day for $10 per day.